Nothing says classic design like a neutral palette. For a living room that you’ll still love years from now, throw out the pops of color and opt for soft shades of cream and gray.
Neutral pieces with a lot of layered texture are the perfect fall transition pieces. Your home will feel extra cozy, without compromising style.
1. Abstract Art, Minted, $ 22 and up | 2. Gray Sofa, West Elm, $ 1,299 | 3. Louis XIV-style Chair, Arhaus, $ 1,399
4. Faux Fur Pillow, Wayfair, $ 45 | 5. Wool Shag Rug, West Elm, $ 199 and up | 6. Graphic Quote Pillow Cover, H&M, $ 6
7. Gold Dot Pillow, Wayfair, $ 30 | 8. Copper Sequin Pillow, H&M, $ 18 | 9. Cream Tassel Throw, Open Sky, $ 110
A great sofa with a unique shape and a pair of statement chairs create a beautiful classic base that will really stand the test of time.
A neutral rug with an interesting pattern is a great way to liven up your space with a subtle pop. And abstract art is the perfect addition to this design. It’s graphic and modern, so it balances the traditional furniture well.
Layered textures like fur and cable knits are a must when going with a neutral palette. The varying textures and finishes don’t leave any room for bland or boring.
To really take your color-free space to the next level, bring in some metallics. Copper and gold are both neutral, but layering them together creates a collected look. A graphic black and white quote pillow is the perfect final touch that keeps this design from feeling too formal and brings in just the right amount of fun.
The best part about choosing to design with a neutral palette is that you really can’t go wrong. The more layers the better, and all neutral shades mix well together. Have fun styling your neutrals!
See more home design inspiration.
- Before & After: Brightening a Malibu Beach House
- The Colors of Summer: Mixing Cool and Warm Tones
- 5 Celebrity Color Schemes to Covet and Copy
Featured East Metro Atlanta Homes